According to Boldsky, nutrient-rich kelp can be processed into many delicious dishes. Here’s how to make a vegan kelp salad.
Prepare ingredients for vegetarian kelp salad
– 200 g of fresh kelp or dried kelp soaked in water
– 30 ml light soy sauce
– 5g garlic, minced finely
– 10 g scallions, only the leaves, finely chopped
– 1-2 red peppers, cut into small pieces
– 15 ml of apple cider vinegar
– 2g salt
– 5g white granulated sugar
– 40 ml of vegetable oil
Instructions for making kelp salad for vegetarians
Step 1: Cut the kelp into thin strands and wash it in cold water twice.
– Step 2: Boil water and add chopped kelp and cook for 2 minutes.
Step 3: Transfer the blanched kelp in boiling water to a bowl and drain.
– Step 4: Add light soy sauce, scallions, chili, vinegar and garlic.
– Step 5: Heat vegetable oil until hot and pour over ingredients.
– Step 6: Add sugar, salt, mix all ingredients together and season to taste.
Some other ways to eat kelp
– Add dried kelp to vegetarian soups and stews.
– Use dried kelp flakes, ground into powder as a spice to sprinkle on baked goods.
– Add kelp to green smoothies.
– Stir-fry kelp with other green vegetables.