This is a letter from Mr. Sun Yunquan, a famous Taiwanese politician, to his children while he was still alive.
Sun Yunquan (November 10, 1913 – February 15, 2006), was an engineer, born in Penglai, Shanxi (China).
He is an economist, a Taiwanese politician. He has built ten superstructure projects (such as Chiang Kai-shek International Airport, No.1 Nuclear Power Plant, Ton Dat Tien National Expressway, National Institute of Industrial Research… is considered as one of the creators of technological and economic breakthroughs in Taiwan.
On February 24, 1984, he suffered a stroke, and after recovering he could only sit in a wheelchair. He died in February 2006 in Taipei, at the age of 92.
Not only famous for his economic and political works, he is also known for his letter to his son. In the letter, he conveyed profound lessons that many people were interested in. The letter has been translated into many languages and has been circulated on social networks, as well as on forums recently.
A love letter to Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh
Life is impermanent, no one knows in advance how long they will live, there are things that need to be said early to understand better.
Here are the things to keep in mind in life:
1. If someone treats you badly, don’t bother wasting your time.
In this life, no one is obligated to treat you well, except your father and mother. If someone treats you well, in addition to you being grateful and appreciative, you should also be a little cautious, because everyday people do everything for a purpose, don’t rush to think of them as friends. his good right.
2. No person is irreplaceable; There is no such thing as necessarily possessing, clinging to it.
If you understand this principle, then later in life, if your partner no longer wants to go with you for the rest of your life, or for some reason you lose what is most precious in life, you should also understand, It’s not like the sky is falling.
3. Life is short, if we waste time today, tomorrow we will understand that life is gone forever!
So, the sooner we learn to appreciate our lives, the more we can enjoy our lives. Looking forward to a long life, I would rather enjoy my life from now on.
4. There is no eternal love in this world. Love is just a momentary emotions. This feeling will absolutely change with time and circumstances.
If your eternal lover leaves you, please be patient for a bit, let time gradually pass, let your mind slowly settle down, the suffering will also slowly fade away. You should not keep holding on to the illusion of love forever, nor should you be too sad because of your heartbreak!
5. Although there are many people in this world who are successful and famous without much education or advanced degrees, it does not mean that they will be successful without much study.
Knowledge gained through study, education is a weapon in their hands. You can make a career with empty hands, but not without an inch of iron. Remember this carefully !
6. I don’t ask you to take care of me for the remaining half of my life. On the contrary, fathers cannot cover the next half of their children’s lives. When you are grown up and independent, that’s when I have fulfilled my divinity. In the future, whether you take a public bus or take a home car, eat fish fin soup or eat instant noodles, it is all your responsibility.
7. You can ask yourself to keep the FAITH, but you can’t force others to keep the FAITH with you. You can expect yourself to be nice to others, but you can’t expect others to be nice to you.
Just because I treat people, doesn’t mean they will treat me the same way. If you don’t understand this, you will bring your own sorrow.
8. For the past twenty years, every three weeks, I have bought lottery tickets, but I am still poor and empty-handed. This proves that if you want to prosper, you must work hard to get good. Nothing in this world is free.
9. Family reunion, relatives are all predestined, no matter how long we live together in this life, we should cherish the time we have together. In the next life, whether we love it or not, we won’t have the opportunity to meet again.