On the morning of November 1, 2021, Venerable Thich Tri Hue – Member of the Central Committee of the Hoang Phap Tu Committee, Abbot of Phap Tang Pagoda (Le Minh Xuan Commune, Binh Chanh District) coordinated with all levels of government in 3 western provinces .
In the face of complicated epidemic situation in many southern provinces and cities, with the number of recorded cases increasing day by day in Ca Mau, Soc Trang and Bac Lieu provinces. Local authorities are in need of essential support for epidemic prevention and control more than ever. Understanding the above difficulty, on the morning of November 1, 2021, Venerable Thich Tri Hue – Member of the Central Committee of Hoang Phap Tu, Abbot of Phap Tang Pagoda (Le Minh Xuan Commune, Binh Chanh District) coordinated with all levels authorities in 3 western provinces, relayed 21.5 tons of rice, 1950 boxes of noodles, necessities, milk and Western medicine… with a total budget of over 620 million VND, to concentrated isolation points, the Department of Health, field hospitals and households with extremely difficult circumstances in Ca Mau, Bac Lieu and Soc Trang provinces to join hands with people to overcome the pandemic.
Ca Mau – where the sacred land at the end of the Fatherland, surrounded by coastal alluvial plains, the life of rural people for many years is associated with each season of salty, floating and precarious water.
From the beginning of October until now, Ca Mau province has been welcoming a large number of citizens – more than 30,000 people from Ho Chi Minh City, Binh Duong, Long An … to their hometown to avoid the epidemic. In which, there are more than 1100 cases, mainly from the influx of people from the provinces. Concentrated isolation areas are set up everywhere in the state of emergency. In particular, Ca Mau province, with all 101 commune-level units, no longer has green areas. People’s life in normal times was difficult, let alone when the disease spread, production and harvest stalled, unable to provide enough aid for isolation areas with more than tens of thousands of people.
Understanding the lack of food, necessities as well as medicine for concentrated isolation areas with more than 90,000 meals per day, with the compassionate spirit of the Buddha, and the heart of the Ca Mau people. On November 1, 2021 (on September 27, Tan Ox), under the guidance of Venerable Thich Tri Hue – Member of the Central Committee of the Department of Education and Training, Abbot of Phap Tang Pagoda, vol. The bodies of monks and Buddhists are busy at home preparing the necessities from early in the morning.
The gift cart to support people in 3 western provinces to fight the epidemic this time includes: 21.5 tons of rice, 1950 boxes of noodles, 1950 bottles of soy sauce, 1700 bottles of cooking oil (1 liter type); 1850kg of sugar, 1650kg of kohlrabi and garlic, 7 boxes of Western medicine, 60 cartons of milk and 50,000 masks, were promptly transported to the car by the monks and Buddhists to timely support the epidemic prevention work in the provinces. Ca Mau, Soc Trang and Bac Lieu as well as supporting thousands of households who are facing difficulties in the epidemic. As follows:
– Fatherland Front of Ca Mau province: 5 tons of rice, 500 boxes of noodles, 500 bottles of soy sauce, 500 bottles of cooking oil, 50kg of garlic, 500kg of sugar, 300kg of Su, 10 cartons of milk and 15,000 masks.
– People’s Committee of Ca Mau City: 2 tons of rice, 200 boxes of noodles, 200 bottles of cooking oil, 200 bottles of soy sauce and 200kg of granulated sugar
– Inspection Committee of Ca Mau Provincial Party Committee: 100 parts: 1 ton of rice, 100 boxes of noodles, 100 bottles of soy sauce, 100 bottles of cooking oil and 100 kg of sugar.
– Tan Thanh Commune Committee 100 portions: 1 ton of rice, 100 boxes of noodles, 100 bottles of soy sauce, 100 bottles of cooking oil and 100kg of sugar
– Committee of An Xuyen Commune and Ward 6: 100 parts: 1 ton of rice, 100 boxes of noodles, 100 bottles of soy sauce, 100 bottles of oil and 100 kg of sugar
– Charity Department of Buddhist Society of Ca Mau province, Nun Thich Nu Dieu Chanh – Abbot of Kim Son Pagoda received: 250 gifts including 2.5 tons of rice, 250 bottles of oil, 250 boxes of noodles, 250 bottles of soy sauce, 250kg of sugar, and garlic. 20 kg, 200 kg Su to support disadvantaged people affected by the epidemic in Hoa Thanh commune, Dinh Binh commune, TP. Ca Mau
– Venerable Thich Tri Duc – Deputy Abbot of Bao Tang Pagoda (Co Xuoc Hamlet, Tran Van Thoi) received 6.5 tons of rice, 400 boxes of noodles, 50 cartons of milk, 600 bottles of soy sauce, 14 barrels of cooking oil, 300 kg sugar, 60 kg of garlic, 1 ton of su, and 35,000 masks to support the following units:
- People’s Committee of Song Doc town
- Phong Lac Commune People’s Committee
- People’s Committee of Loi An Commune
- People’s Committee of Khanh Binh Commune
- Khanh An Commune People’s Committee – U Minh
- People’s Committee of Khanh Binh Northwest
– Venerable Thich Minh Quy – Abbot of Hue Quang Pagoda (Thanh Binh Hamlet, Thanh Quoi Commune, My Xuyen District, Soc Trang Province) received 200 gifts including: 2 tons of rice, 200 boxes of noodles, 200 bottles of cooking oil, 200 bottles of soy sauce and 200 kg of granulated sugar to support each household isolated at home with difficult circumstances in My Xuyen district, Soc Trang.
– Sister Thich Nu Truc Nhu – Abbot of Giac Vien Pagoda (Lang Tron Bac Lieu) received 100 gifts including: 1 ton of rice, 100 boxes of noodles, 100 bottles of soy sauce, 100 bottles of cooking oil and 100 kg of granulated sugar. supporting households facing special difficulties due to the epidemic in Lang Tron, Bac Lieu.
The total cost for this support trip is over 620 million VND.
In the midst of the raging Covid-19 epidemic, shared love is the root of solidarity and a precious quality of the Vietnamese people. It is the morality of gratitude that has contributed to creating a part of Vietnamese cultural identity, so that when there is a disaster or disaster, everyone is ready to “give up rice and share clothes”, “good leaves cover torn leaves”, and protect them. , share with each other. That tradition will still be like a source, flowing forever in the heart, lasting with time with the nation.