On November 17, 2021, the Central Committee of the Vietnamese Buddhist Sangha issued a white notice No: 286/TB-HDTS on the organization of the 713th Great Memorial Ceremony – The Day King – Buddha Tran Nhan Tong passed into Nirvana.
The whitepaper states:
King Tran Nhan Tong is a brilliant Emperor, a genius leader, a national hero who led Dai Viet’s army and people twice to defeat the invaders of the Nguyen Mong empire, and protect the independence and self-reliance of the nation. , building the Tran dynasty and the mighty Dai Viet nation. He is a great cultural thinker, as well as an enlightened monk who has left a unique system of thought about Buddhism, founded Truc Lam Buddhism and Truc Lam Yen Tu Zen lineage, which has been recognized by generations of generations. Our people are honored as the King Buddha of Vietnam.
In order to commemorate the merits and great career of the King – Buddha Emperor Tran Nhan Tong, implementing the Resolution of the Central Executive Council of the Vietnam Buddhist Sangha, the 713th Memorial Day of the King – Buddha Hoang Tran Nhan Tong’s entry into Nirvana was solemnly held at all levels of the Church.
For the reason that Vietnam has basically repelled and controlled the Covid-19 epidemic. However, in some localities there is still a high risk of outbreaks in the community. The Church suggested that monks, nuns and Buddhists continue to strictly implement epidemic prevention and control measures. Therefore, the program of the Great Memorial Ceremony is conducted dignified and compact, which can be used online.
The Central Committee of the Vietnam Buddhist Sangha assigned the Executive Board of the Vietnam Buddhist Sangha in Quang Ninh province to organize a memorial ceremony at Yen Tu sacred mountain.
– Time: December 4, 2021 (November 1, Tan Ox).
– Location: Yen Tu Scenic Area, City. Uong Bi, Quang Ninh province.
At the Vietnam Buddhist Sangha in the provinces and cities: – Hold a memorial ceremony at the headquarters of the Executive Board of the Vietnamese Buddhist Sangha at the provincial or city level (if possible).
– Time: December 4, 2021 (November 1, Tan Ox)
– Member of the Proving Council, the Vietnamese Buddhist Sangha Council in the locality.
– Representatives of the Executive Board of the Vietnamese Buddhist Sangha at all levels.
– Representing the typical Buddhas of the local Buddhist sects.
– Representing the Venerable Monks, monks and nuns, abbots of monasteries and monks and nuns and Buddhists.
– Representatives of local authorities at all levels.
– News agencies and radio stations.
– Statement of reason, program introduction, participants.
– Brief biography of the King – Buddha Emperor Tran Nhan Tong.
– Commemoration of the King – Buddha Emperor Tran Nhan Tong of the Central Committee and the Executive Board of the Vietnamese Buddhist Sangha of provinces and cities.
– Statement of the Government (if any).
– Offering incense to commemorate the King – Buddha Emperor Tran Nhan Tong.
– Thanks to the Organizing Committee.
713th Great Commemoration Ceremony
The day the King – Buddha Emperor Tran Nhan Tong entered Nirvana (1308 – 2021)
11/1/Tan Than – 11/1/Tan Ox
The Standing Board of the Executive Board of the Vietnam Buddhist Sangha would like to inform the Board, the Central Institute of the Church, the Executive Board of the Vietnamese Buddhist Sangha of the provinces and cities to know and implement in the spirit of this Clearance.