There is a story about an old man, every morning, he carried a basket of food and a bottle of water across the other town, to the riverbank, and sat there. At sunset, he went home. Regularly like that.
There is a story about an old man, every morning, he carried a basket of food and a bottle of water across the other town, to the riverbank, and sat there. At sunset, he went home. Regularly like that. The janitor of a certain villa was very surprised. One day he stopped the old man and asked:
– Please tell me what you do, but carry the basket in the morning and return in the afternoon. I spent three days, going to the river to see what he was doing, but I did not see him doing anything. He just sat outside, watching the water flowing, looking at people passing by, laughing with the wind and clouds. Ask anyone, everyone said he was a very normal person. So tell me what do you do?
The old man smiled and replied:
– Before I tell you what I do, tell me what you do!
Take care of your body and mind like taking care of a garden
The other man replied:
– Very simple, you know I sit at this gate, I do the job of a janitor. Whoever goes in I know they go in. People go out I see them go out. It’s that simple!
The old man said:
– OH! I do the same job as you.
The other man replied:
– You said nonsense. You don’t have a gate outside the mansion. He also received no salary from anyone, and he did not see anyone walking around. It is not correct to say that he is a janitor.
– Listen to my explanation! He guarded the people outside. I guarded the people inside. All I do is sit still, watching the guests pass by in my mind. The first few days, I saw a lot of people passing by. Hey, sad customer, angry customer, hateful, loving, sad, insecure, etc. always passing by, sometimes in groups of people, can’t count. The funny thing is that as much as I go, I just sit and smile at other people passing by. Gradually I discovered that less and less people were walking. Then, after a while, a guest came and went after a few days. That guest is inside of me.
He sat at the door guard outside, I was the owner guarding the door inside. That we are alike. But it is very different: you go out, I go inside”.
… A few crude, simple lines
Tu is to return to the shore of self-centeredness
Silent contemplation day and night
Clouds dispersing in front of the full moon Tue Quang…