After more than 50 years of cultivating and practicing the Way, propagating the Dharma for profit, passing on the Dharma and contributing to the cause of the nation, the Venerable Master deserves to be a stone pillar of the Sangha, a brilliant man of light, a man of great wisdom, and perfect wisdom. . He deserves to be an exemplary pedagogue, setting a bright example for future generations to follow.
Most Venerable Most Venerable Most Venerable Nhut Ha Hue, alias Huynh Van Tam, was born in the year of the Dragon (1940) on Que Thien Island, Vung Liem District, Vinh Long Province. The Venerable Master’s father is Mr. Huynh Van Tru – French name Thien Giao, a patriotic Confucian. The mother is Mrs. Huynh Thi Luan – French name Dieu Nghia, the family has 13 siblings, the monk is the 8th son in the family.
II. Time to leave home – Studying religion:
Because his family lived near Van Co pagoda, from a young age, the Venerable Master was able to follow his mother back and forth at the temple. Gradually imbued with the spirit of Buddhism and the seed of death from many lifetimes already in the Venerable’s person, after a period of illness, he realized that the world is temporary, the world is only fleeting. The way of liberation is the end. Therefore, he bowed to his parents and asked for permission to leave home to study religion with the abbot of Van Co Pagoda, Venerable Ba Hue. The Venerable Master was given the Dharma name of Quang Tue by the Venerable Master, the Dharma name is Trung Quang, the Dharma name is Nhut Hue, and inherited the 41st generation of Lam Te Chanh Tong Zen lineage, that year he had just turned 15 years old. After ordination, the Venerable Master tried his best to study diligently, diligently and diligently, so he was extremely loved by the Master and Buddhists at the original temple. After those years of diligent study and study, knowing that the Venerable Master’s morality was firmly established, in 1960, he was ordained as a novice monk at Va Co pagoda, and in 1966, he received a three-mandatory life at Hue pagoda. Strictly.
III. Preaching career:
After graduating from the College of Buddhist Studies at Hue Nghiem Buddhist School in Saigon (now Ho Chi Minh City), in 1969, the Venerable returned to Tra Vinh to study at Phat Tam Pagoda and work as the abbot until his death. .
– In 1985, he was the head of the Buddhist Sangha Department of Cuu Long Province, now the Vietnamese Buddhist Sangha of Vinh Long Province, and at the same time as the deputy abbot of Giac Thien Pagoda, Ward 4, Vinh Long Town, Vinh Long Province.
– 1992 was nominated by the Central Committee of the Vietnamese Buddhist Sangha to be the head of the campaigning committee to establish the Vietnam Buddhist Sangha BTS in Tra Vinh province.
– 1993 The first Congress of the Vietnam Buddhist Sangha in Tra Vinh province, was elected as the Standing Deputy Head of the Standing Committee of the Vietnamese Buddhist Sangha in Tra Vinh province.
– The Venerable Master continues to hold the position of Standing Deputy Head of the Standing Committee of the Vietnamese Buddhist Sangha, Tra Vinh Province, Term II-III-IV.
– The Congress of Delegates of the Vietnam Buddhist Sangha in Tra Vinh province Term V (2012-2017) holds the position of Standing Vice Chairman cum Head of the Vietnam Buddhist Sangha Committee in Tra Vinh province.
– 1999 Principal of Tra Vinh Secondary School from Course I to Course V.
– 2000 Commencement of restoration of the Ancestral Communal House of Duong Xuyen and the Abbot of the Temple until now.
– 2009 Commencement of restoration – construction of the main hall of Phat Tam Pagoda will be completed in 2011.
– The Congress of Delegates of the Vietnam Buddhist Sangha in Tra Vinh Province Term VI (2017-2022), the Venerable Master was honored as a Member of the Council for Proving the Vietnamese Buddhist Sangha.
IV. Citizenship Time:
After more than 50 years of cultivating and practicing the Way, propagating the Dharma for profit, passing on the Dharma and contributing to the cause of the nation, the Venerable Master deserves to be a stone pillar of the Sangha, a brilliant man of light, a man of great wisdom, and perfect wisdom. . He is worthy of being an exemplary model, setting an eternal shining example for future generations to follow. Due to the old age, according to the law of impermanence of Birth-Aging-Sickness, in 2014, the Venerable Master fell ill. Despite the dedication of the medical-physician and the special care of his disciples, his illness did not subside, but increased day by day. By the time of perfecting the fate, the Venerable Master had peacefully received the god of Thich Nham at 6 o’clock on May 10 in the year of the Tiger (2022), 83 years in the world, 57 years in Ha Lap.
The Venerable Master has completed the path of his karma to propagate and save lives, serve the Dharma and the nation, and return to the Nirvana world, but his merits and virtues are still alive in the minds and memories of the monks and nuns. Buddhists of the Vietnam Buddhist Sangha and the colorful history of Vietnamese Buddhism in modern times.
Tra Vinh, May 11, 2022
(April 11th, Year of the Tiger)